Posted on June 17 2014
Hey There Pretty Birds,
Our love affair with Aquazzura started a few season’s ago when we spotted our friend Stephanie LaCava wearing a sleek pair during Paris Couture – we were immediately attracted to the brand’s aesthetic! We developed an imaginary crush on Edgardo Osorio, the brand’s founder and designer, after hearing countless friends swoon about how amazing he was. We fell in love with his smart style when we finally met him at a dinner at Bebel’s here in Milano. So after lusting over Aquazzura’s Positano Elaphe and PVC Pumps for the last two months (we featured them in our Exotics post earlier today), we were inspired to reconnect with Edgardo and ask him about his essentials for this season. And here’s what he suggested! Pretty Birds – Take notes for your significant others! His list is as chic as it gets. Xo, Tamu
1. Bow Tie espadrilles – I don’t like to wear flip flops, I prefer espadrilles. I discovered Bow Tie years ago on a trip to Barcelona. They make very cools men’s classic shoes as well as super nice espadrilles embroidered with my initials.
2. Valentino Camouflage Swim shorts – I’m a bit obsessed with Valentino Camouflage anything right now. It kind of goes with everything and find it really fun and very summery. I just got these very cool swim shorts.
3. Borsalino Panama – I’m a big fan of Borsalino. They make the best summer Panama hats, which are very very Dolce Vita. This summer I love their new straw hat.
4. Spektre Sunglasses – I came across Spektre sunglasses through a friend of mine and became hooked on their cool specs. I love the classic shapes with mirrored lenses in fun colors.
5. Acne White Jeans – White jeans from Acne are my daily uniform. They go with everything and feel so fresh.
6. Sisley Paris Sun Cream – I have very sensitive skin, so I use very high protection from Sisley everyday.
7. Damien Hirst for Other Criteria Beach Towel – So many artists have used beach towels as a canvas – Including Ed Ruscha, Peter Doig and Yayoi Kusana. I’m obsessed with the latest one from Damien Hirst for Other Criteria.