Posted on October 25 2013
Happy Weekend Pretty Birds,
It’s Friday morning and I’ve spent the entire week, and in some cases past six months, lusting over the items in my newest 7-Lips post. Now that it’s the weekend, and the fact that I will be out and about in the shops picking up last minute treats for my boo’s Halloween party, It’s time for me to do some serious thinking about my next (big) purchase.
Will this be the week when I give in, or shall I wait some more?
1. Neil Barrett single breasted belted coat – As you may have noticed from my recent white-after-labor day post and total white instagram pics (do you follow me on instagram ;-), you should), I am a fan of the milky color all year round. I think, for me, it’s because it evokes cleanness, purity and infallible luxness. Neil Barrett, the king of structure, designs the most amazing coats, and I was so honoured and floored when he sent me this amazing coat from his Fall 2013 collection, after overhearing how much I loved it at his press day. I am dying to wear it, maybe with a pair of creamy white over the knee suede boots (anyone seen any?), soft white skinny corduroys and a cozy maxi sweater.
2. Fendi patent leather diamond heel pumps – Hands down, these shoes are a welcomed assault, don’t look into their light, attack on my good senses. Do I need another pair of shoes, I’ve been doing so well lately… and just when I thought I could curve my spending, out of Fendi, a wrench in my spending diet. No optical illusion here, they are a must buy.
3. Current Elliott Live T-shirt – Training for the Nike half in San Francisco got me feeling so alive (If you followed me on instagram you would have seen that my theme song for the marathon was Alive by Empire of The Sun, you can check it out HERE though ;-)). This LIVE tee just fits into my zone, and will look great with so many different outfits as you can kind of see from the collage. Plus, and this is very important, it may cheer up those around me when I wear it, especially during the shorter and darker winter months ahead of us.
4. Tibi leather full skirt – Fashion is having a big love affair with leather right now and, thank God, I personally can’t get enough of it. I’ve wanted a full leather skirt forever. I tried finding vintage ones but the waist lines in my size are usually so tiny that I cant close the zips. Problem solved with Tibi’s updated version which I’m sure would take me through the winter to the cool days of next Spring. My kind of live in it and love it piece.
5. Miu Miu pleated striped taffeta skirt – I tried on this skirt in the Miu Miu store in Soho during fashion week. It is phenomenal. I’ve been waiting to get it because of it’s hefty price tag, but I think the waiting game is going to be over very soon. The bold black lines are spelling it our for me. Tamu, THIS SKIRT BELONGS ON YOUR BODY.
6. Saint Laurent Lulu shoulder bag – My best friend Sophia (one of my personal style icons) has had a thing for hunter-green leather bags for as long as I can remember. I think her obsession has spread, as I can’t keep my eyes of Saint Laurent’s Lulu in the earthy hue. I’m thinking that I’ll persuade her to buy it so that she can lend it to me for a few months (wink). The term “friends with benefits” doesn’t only relate to sexual favours and relationships, but also to fashion accessories. Oh, you didn’t know?
7. Acne Studios Chagall leather overalls – My obsession with this LEATHER OVER-ALL needs no explanation (PERIOD)